We have a Gifford and an Anderjack in New York state and a Weller out here in the San Francisco Bay Area.  All three little houses are available with or without wheels, but they’re all sitting on chassis right now, ready to be towed off to some nice little backyard, lakeside parcel or tiny house village. They are shells, which means they can be finished off with whatever layout you want on the inside. In fact, as part of this one-time offer, Jay will custom design the interior of your house for you according to your needs. For an extra $750, we'll paint the outside of the Anderjack or Gifford any color you want.

Each of the houses currently has a large 3’ x 4’ awning window on the backside, one loft window and a tiny door window on the front (except the Weller, which has four windows on the front) and two 20” x 30” windows on the sides, and they’re framed to easily insert a third. The windows are insulated and, of course, the floor, walls and roof are all well insulated too.

Each of the three houses is 7’ x 16’, including a little porch. There’s also room for an additional 84 square feet of loft space overhead. Two full-sized beds could be fit up there, or, if you prefer that your bed be downstairs, there’s plenty of room for a full-size bed down there too.

Each house is $19,000 with wheels and $18,000 without (includes Jay’s help in laying out the inside). Delivery by us is $4 per mile, or, if you’re up for a tiny house road-trip, you can just drive your house straight off the lot yourself. Just be prepared for a lot of rubberneckers along the way.  If you want one, just let us know soon, so we can hold on to it for you.

Read more about the houses for sale

The Gifford The Weller The Anderjack

Posted by Jay Shafer — September 25, 2013

Comments

Jerilyn Atkinson:

Jay,
Do you know who will finance these?I would love to have one. Thanks

September 26 2013 at 06:09 PM

Kimberly:

I am very interested in this shell but have some questions. Please contact when convenient.

September 27 2013 at 07:09 AM

Heidi:

Exactly how big of a truck do you need to pull one of these?

September 27 2013 at 06:09 PM

Megan Zopf:

Right now we are in the middle of purchasing 8+ acres of land in NH and I will be either building one or having one built. Either way, it will happen. These aren’t too popular on the east but I am seriously thinking about using the land to help others too. The land wouldn’t be that great for the traditional homes as there is a lot of trees rocks etc. But for the tiny home…perfect! Also has rights to the pond:)
Megan
Keep up the good work Jay!!

September 28 2013 at 09:09 PM

Julie:

How much, please?

September 29 2013 at 07:09 AM

Bianca :

Where in NY are the Anderjack and Gifford? And what is the required vehicle tow load? We’ve been thinking about a tiny house for a long time but now are close to being forced to act due to displacement by Sandy, wonder if this could be a better use of insurance money. Please write if you can, thanks!

October 02 2013 at 05:10 AM

Norrine:

I am interested in seeing them (especially the Weller). If they are located in the Sonoma area I will be there later this month. How can I arrange a site visit?

October 02 2013 at 05:10 AM

Patricia and Bo Carlson:

We’re delighted to hear about these available Tiny House shells! Where in New York is the Gifford “living” at the moment? (We live upstate and are VERY interested in this offer, having long considered buying or building a Tiny House either as a cottage near a friend who needs health support or as a get-away on our land.)

October 02 2013 at 06:10 AM

Vincent:

I’m definitely interested in getting any of them! My question would be where I can put park it in the south bay and how I can finance it.

October 02 2013 at 09:10 AM

David :

I am a Veteran with a disability and receive Dialysis. Recently the Veterans Administration took away my V.A. Pension, I now live on Social Security. I cannot afford to live in my apartment any longer and I am looking for a solution. Livivng in a Tiny House wou;ld releave alot of stress and afford me a chance to give back to my community. Please consider my request for a donation…I will be your best form of Advertisement!

October 02 2013 at 09:10 AM

karen:

Please let me know if you ever have any tiny houses for sale in Canada or Washington state! thanks, Karen

October 02 2013 at 10:10 AM

Vincent:

Will you guys be selling more tiny houses to the west coast or start a new production facility here? Please send more! :(

October 02 2013 at 01:10 PM

Beth:

I WISH these could be shipped to Australia! Would make planning process SO much easier! Will just have to build my own!

October 02 2013 at 03:10 PM

Gayla :

If anyone knows of any land any where to put one, please let me know.

October 02 2013 at 07:10 PM

Benny:

This is a great way to market these Tiny Houses.I hope it is not a one time deal. this would fit perfectly on the side of my house,I am definitely interested!What does the "Weller " weigh. Can I tow it with my 3/4 ton Ford Diesel?

October 03 2013 at 11:10 AM

Janine Florida:

I have been living on disability for 13 yrs. + and am renting an apt. with section 8 help. Just giving you an idea of my situation as I have a proposition for you. I live in Waterford, Pa., near Erie, PA. Would need a home that could stand winter for 7mos. or more of the year. I love the loft idea but probably more reasonable for me (have Multiple Sclerosis diag. 1988, legs don’t work real well).
Saw info on this site for a community if “Little homes” and loved that idea, Know a lot of other folks that would fit in small homes. Would be interested in what you would need to have from someone interested in representing you in the northeast and when you could have a workshop in my area.
If interested I can provide phone # or just contact me by email.

October 04 2013 at 06:10 AM

Barbara c:

I’m seriously considering buying a tiny home and putting it in my backyard and either living in it and renting my huge home or renting it out for additonal income. Will homes like these shells be available again sometime in the future?

October 04 2013 at 12:10 PM

debbie:

Megan Please do so I am In the same possition as jannie,but I have been trying to get gov,officals to hand over detention center.for that reason.If you give a person a fish he eat today but if you can teach him he eats for life.they dont have drivers license there not gona take 2 expressways to get a second scholarship,they need trades Solor panels exc.

October 04 2013 at 08:10 PM

rosa:

Last time I checked, they were as little as $10,000. When did they jump up to $18 or $19,000?

October 10 2013 at 09:10 PM

Karen Reid:

Dear Jay
I’ve been following anything written on small houses and something that has my thoughts for ages is the fact that all your measurements are in the Imperial measurement. You are missing out on all the rest of the world plan sales for those that can’t be bothered converting every measurement to metric (and not wanting to pay a hefty conversion fee.) just a thought. I love what you do.
Here is a map of what countries use imperial, Think beyond the USA
http://www.zmescience.com/other/map-of-countries-officially-not-using-the-metric-system/ Cheers. Kaz

October 11 2013 at 12:10 PM

Mary:

Is the Weller still available?
If not, will more be made?
I am very interested in getting a Weller.

Thanks

November 04 2013 at 07:11 AM

tony:

Pleassssse update the blog. This page has been stagnant for over a month.
I look forward to news about the company or just tiny house information.
Keep up the good work (except the blog, please increase the good work on that).
T

November 13 2013 at 07:11 AM

Rod:

Brings more imagination and originality in the details from them in.,

November 24 2013 at 07:11 AM

Margaret Albrecht:

Can you tell me of other tiny houses in NY, particularly around the Saratoga Springs area, 30 miles north of Albany? There is one in Saratoga Springs on Brower Lane owned by Ray Faiola. I am interested in writing an article for a local magazine and looking for other s in the area.

October 10 2014 at 08:10 AM

Mary Guido :

I live in Santa Rosa and have more reasons then I can text as to why I am EXTREMELY INTERESTED in any of the tiny homes you have for sale.
I look forward to hearing from you :)

September 26 2015 at 09:09 PM