Science Buzz Cafe will host Tiny house pioneer Jay Shafer, national investigative journalist Jonathan Greenberg, and Real Estate chief community officer Cassandra Ferrera for a housing panel discussion on March 2, 2016. The topic to be discussed will be housing solutions, including tiny house villages.

HOUSING! ‘For The Rest of Us!’

• Date: March 02, 2016
  • Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
  • Location: French Garden Restaurant
  • Price: $5. First come first served. Space is limited.
  • Speakers: Jonathan Greenberg, Journalist & Jay Shafer, Tiny House & Cassandra Ferrara, Real Estate

Posted by Alicia Feltman — January 06, 2016

Comments

Tim:

Any chance there’ll be a video recording posted for those who can’t make it?

January 12 2016 at 08:01 AM

Kim:
I agree with the above comment. For those of us far away it would be great to know that there was a video recording of the meeting.

January 12 2016 at 10:01 AM

Gail Smith:

How do I register for the March 2nd meeting and pay the $5 fee?

January 12 2016 at 10:01 AM

Sherri Hawkins:

Tiny house villages!! Please speak on this and share the video of the meeting??

January 12 2016 at 11:01 AM

Darien Rule:

I’d love to sign up!
How do we do so?
Many thanks,
Darien

January 13 2016 at 07:01 AM

Melissa:

On! Lovely! I cannot be there, either. That’s a Wednesday. I, also, would very much like to see a video of the meeting or read the minutes from the meeting.

My tiny house she’ll is complete and the custom finishes will be started in the coming weeks.

January 13 2016 at 08:01 AM

Cynthia Vogt:

Please video this meeting for us not able to make the trip.

January 13 2016 at 09:01 AM

leigh lucart:

This is wonderful. Need to have a video please. Would love it if the presenters would speak to the zoning issues for tiny house villages. Many thanks!!

January 13 2016 at 09:01 AM

Carol :

Is the primary focus housing for the homeless? If not, what is your definition of the rest of us? Thanks

January 13 2016 at 09:01 AM

Kim Lindquist:

I will be there with bells on. Originally from Michigan, I am in Petaluma on a work assignment. Have been following this dream of Jay’s for a few years and feel blessed to be here as it unfolds.

January 13 2016 at 09:01 AM

Maggie:

Please offer video!

January 13 2016 at 10:01 AM

Rik:

yes, a recording / video would be great! plus could you give us an update on the tiny house village plans? I read your latest blog, and thought it would be helpful to find out how one might apply, if you have an anticipated time-line; also whether we would be renting the land or buying our own lot

January 13 2016 at 11:01 AM

Don lobo:

VIDEO please!!

January 13 2016 at 11:01 AM

JW:

Hi can you tell me where these tiny homes are pictured above? Are they in Sebastopol? Would you know if there are any sites that offer tiny homes for sale I can’t really find much. Thanks

January 13 2016 at 02:01 PM

Kim:

I am also very interested in this meeting, but live in CO. Please let us know how we can view a video, even if we need to pay and watch “live,” so we don’t have to miss it. Please?

January 13 2016 at 03:01 PM

eeljay:

Hello,
I’m willing to own or to rent a tiny house.
I need place of my own! Thanks.

LjG

January 13 2016 at 05:01 PM

Susan :

I live in a suburb of Chicago and imam VERY INTERESTED IN YOUR HOUSES AND VILLAGES OF TINY HOUSES. Could you PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THAT IS POSSIBLE WHERE I LIVE / NORTH SUBURB OF CHICAGO, IL. I REALLY NEED TO DO THIS BUT I AM ALONE AND BEED HELP WITH INFO ON GETTING HELP TO DO THIS. COULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME AND CONTACT ME AT MY EMAIL. I REALLY NEED TO DO THIS!
I have a condo I can sell and what is left from the profit I could build a TINY HOUSE. PLEASE HELP ME. IF YOU EMAIL ME I CAN GIVE YOU MY PHONE NUMBER. PLEASE!!!!!!! I AM BEGGING YOU! THANK YOU!

January 14 2016 at 12:01 AM

Barbara Drong:

I am intrested in rental of,Tiny House.
I am in Oklahome. Let me know when available.
Thanks
(405) 606-1754

January 14 2016 at 09:01 AM

Gina:

Glad for the update, Jay! Your efforts and vision are inspirational to all tiny house fans! I am a retired health coach/nutritionist refugee from the city buying a piece of heaven in the country. We are a new community (Vidaspring Village at Omega Farm) coming in coastal North Carolina near Wilmington .Permaculture and sustainability as an off-grid community are our focus. We have power and a well on 10 agriculturally zoned wooded acres, 2 ponds for fish and chickens. ,A greenhouse for aquaponics is under construction with outdoor crops, fruit trees,rabbits and goats to follow. Our first resident is finishing his place now and I hope to be in mine soon. We plan to have leased sites plus a few rentals. We would love to hear from like-minded folks interested in this area..

January 16 2016 at 08:01 AM

Cindy W.:

I can’t wait to head up for that. I live in south bay /peninsula. Anyone want to carpool? It’ll be a long drive up and back from the south bay, so the more the merrier (AND the carpool lane!!!)
It mention first come,space limited. ?? how limited ?Does one show i advance an hour or so? or more? hmmm

January 16 2016 at 08:01 PM

Rick:

I would pay $10 plus shipping to see the video or have a copy. The venu seems very limited and I would be returning to San Marcos,CA (by way of Sebastopol) from TX to attend.

January 17 2016 at 09:01 PM