This to petition was brought to our attention recently and we thought we'd pitch in to help get signatures.

It will only take a moment to sign the petition! Click here to sign

Posted by Alicia Feltman — May 16, 2013

Comments

Chris Norky:

According to the news article I read,they were told they didn’t need a permit

May 17 2013 at 08:05 AM

Gabriele Case:

What a beautiful place and structure… please save!

May 17 2013 at 10:05 AM

angie coffey:

This is a wonderful tree house. I would love to live there..don’t take away a beautiful thing so many beautiful things are being take away from us all the time.Please pass this one up.thank you

May 17 2013 at 01:05 PM

Brenda:

Save it..it is very nice…permits? anything for the state, counties to make money…

May 17 2013 at 02:05 PM

Zoey:

I’d hate to live in Florida, but the tree house is sweet and cozy. Boo to Florida for wanting it torn down

May 17 2013 at 08:05 PM

Gordon Griffith:

I wish I had a tree house. Please save it for future people.

May 18 2013 at 03:05 PM

Jen:

We have a tree house built by the city in a park in Cincinnati. If it is the idea of the city or city park it is ok. So they changed their minds and decided it needs a permit. Then give them a permit, inspect it, if it needs safety improvements give them time to make them. Control freaks in action. Look at the IRS…control freaks in action.

May 18 2013 at 03:05 PM

Robert:

This is tough for me to say (if you only knew me), I do believe there was a miss communication and that a city would not acknowledge/honor anything a previous employee stated and that the code department probably tends to listen to whoever has the clout or is complaining the loudest.
I do believe that the city should offer to work with the owners to find a compromise (instead of declaring there is no solution except demolition) but, this is a commercially operated venue ( Angelinos Sea Lodge)and public safety should be addressed. As a landlord I’m pretty sure these owners knew that as well (not to mention coastal set backs.) Yes, permits are for revenue and the appeasement of the local busy body do gooders. (In my part of FL if a man has a pickup truck and a magnetic sign on it that says contractor then it must be legit :-) With a permit and plans this issue would never have come up. I vote Save This Structure because it is there and destruction would be a great loss. A compromise must be reached. I know our local governments are rarely compromising but, I also know it is nearly always due to a small group of “well meaning” egotists who have more time than money but, plenty of threats.
Great Article about this: http://www.islander.org/2012/08/dep-remove-or-modify-tree-house/

May 19 2013 at 08:05 AM

Cyndi Ann:

This is so lovly and cozy, if it is not hurting any thing and/or anyone , this tree house should stay as a reminder of pure and simple.

May 19 2013 at 10:05 AM