B.A. Norrgard is hitching her Gifford to a star and joining us here at Four Lights Tiny House Company!

We’re absolutely thrilled to announce that the trailblazing tiny house maven, B. A. Norrgard of A Bed Over My Head, will be joining the Four Lights Tiny House Co. team in California as COO.

B.A. attended a Four Lights workshop in February of 2013 where she helped the Light family build their tiny house. After the workshop, she purchased the Gifford house plans and spent the next 5 months building her own tiny home. As she shared her progress on her blog, she worked towards completing her new hyper-efficient, mobile residence, while creating a new life for herself centered around the tiny house movement that she drew inspiration from. Leaving behind a long and successful career as a litigation paralegal, she turned her career focus to tiny houses and helping others achieve simplified, more fulfilling lives.

I’m transitioning from a traditional, mainstream life to a new tiny life. I crave something new; a new path that combines my passions with a new career and my favorite blue jeans. I’m rebuilding my life—not from a fail, but with a new focus: What will make me happy in the second half of my life? What made me happy as a child, and why did I stop doing those things? – B.A. Norrgard

Sounds like she’ll fit right in, doesn’t it? In the words of Jay Shafer, B.A. is an “amazingly resourceful, ethical, aesthetical and empathic tiny house Superhero.”

As Four Lights rolls out manufacturing for our houses – including the new U-House – and prepares to break ground on our tiny house village in the not-so-distant future, we warmly welcome the tremendous knowledge and skill that B.A. brings to our little company.

B.A. will be moving her tiny house from Dallas, Texas to Sebastopol, California this week. She’ll be making several stops along the way, so If you want a chance to meet her and tour her tiny house, leave a comment below. Use #tinyhousetrip on twitter or facebook to follow her progress and join the conversation!

B.A.'s Road Trip Route

If you live in or near the following cities and would like to meet up with B.A., tour her tiny house, or just offer your driveway for her to park her caravan overnight, let us know in the comments below!

Posted by Alicia Feltman — August 08, 2014

Comments

Dawn Reid:

What a wonderful addition to Four Lights! Congratulations to both B.A. and Four Lights. Looking forward to the new upcoming adventures!

August 08 2014 at 07:08 AM

Nina:

Congratulations BA! Totally meant to be.
(twitter #tinyhousetrip for trip updates & pics) :)

August 08 2014 at 08:08 PM

Judy Reid:

YAY! Way to go BA (and smart move Four Lights)! So proud of you. And thanks for the twitter tag Nina – I’ll be following you the whole way.

And in case you get turned around, come find me in Newfoundland, hanging out on the most eastern part of North America. :)

August 09 2014 at 04:08 AM

Teri:

Would love to see more photos inside and out…I’m in design stage. Thanks

August 10 2014 at 12:08 AM

Jodie:

What an inspiration to follow dreams, take a leap to something different and find happiness there! I love your story and look forward to hearing, reading about and seeing pictures of the chapters to come!!

August 10 2014 at 03:08 PM

Wendy:

I live in the Dallas Area, would like to meet you and see the Gifford.

August 12 2014 at 03:08 AM

Paco:

When are you coming through Albuquerque? I’d love to see your house.

August 12 2014 at 04:08 AM

Woody Compton:

Looks great! I live in Albuquerque and would like to see your house when you pass through.

August 12 2014 at 05:08 AM

Lisa E.:

I envy you your new life. Be sure to tell us all about it and include tons of pics.
Best wishes to you for a safe and happy journey in your new life.

August 12 2014 at 07:08 AM

cynthia shelton:

It is now the 12th. Where is she in her journey? I’m afraid my “driveway” is in Dana Pt. and off her route, but I would scoot up to visit along the way (and bring food!) if I knew where she be?

August 12 2014 at 08:08 AM

Debra sheets:

Please let me know when you are coming through bakersfiel! I might be able to help

August 12 2014 at 09:08 AM

David Condolora:

I’d love to see the house when it arrives in Sebastopol! Excited for what this means for Four Lights.

August 12 2014 at 10:08 AM

Marsha Cowan:

Hi! I have moved to Globe, AZ and would like to see your house when you get to Flagstaff! Can you send info to this email address? Thanks!

August 12 2014 at 12:08 PM

Norm:

Congratulations to B.A. You will be a great addition to the Four Light Staff. Your Gifford Model Tiny House looks terrific. I particularly like the little efficient additions you’ve included in the interior. Hopefully, we’ll get a chance to see your house in Sebastopol this winter… :)

August 12 2014 at 07:08 PM

Anna Futrell:

Hi, would love to see you and your house when you come through Albuquerque, I live 3 hours north in Chama, hope to see you.
Anna

August 12 2014 at 07:08 PM

Shelley B:

Live in Sacramento! Would love to tour the house in Sebastopol!!

August 12 2014 at 09:08 PM

Kit:

Just got the plans for my tiny house build. I would love to see your home when you come thru Albuquerque & maybe talk a little about ‘systems’.

August 12 2014 at 09:08 PM

Diane:

Love love love the concept of ‘tiny house’, however one of the problems is finding available land cheap enough on which to place your tiny home – particularly difficult in urban areas – but rural land is pretty costly as well.

August 17 2014 at 09:08 PM

Jeff Mutter:

Hello, my partner and I live in the Salt Lake, ut area and are interested in seeing a tiny home that we can actually walk through. We are most interested in the 300 sq ft size like the Marie Colvin. Does anyone know someone or somewhere we can travel to in order to have a look see?

Thanks, Jeff Mutter and Karen Ely
801-540-9080 after 10am MST

August 29 2014 at 11:08 AM

Michele:

Is there anyone that knows where we can get insurance on a tiny house for in PA? Thanks

November 21 2014 at 02:11 PM