Los Angeles Workshop
Learn from the pros
Join seasoned tiny house builder and designer, Jay Shafer and construction expert, Daniel Bell, and experience a whole new way of thinking about house design and the spaces we live in. During this comprehensive 2-day workshop, Jay will share his unique subtractive design philosophy while walking you through everything you need to know to design and build your very own tiny house.
Design and build your own tiny house
There will be action-packed hands-on demonstrations and in-depth discussions about the best tools, methods, and materials for tiny house building. From practical planning and design tips that you can’t get anywhere else, to the building and construction knowledge you’ll need to see your project through to finish, we’ll guide you every step of the way.
Wondering what to expect? take a peek at the video below
Ready to change the world?
This is a unique opportunity to gain knowledge while sharing your ideas and experiences with other tiny house enthusiasts!
Join us and get inspired!
This workshop is a 2-day intensive designed to prepare you to build a tiny house on wheels or a foundation.
- Get guidance and tips for each stage of your project so you can go home with the confidence and skills to build your own tiny house.
- Learn how to identify and avoid common mistakes and pitfalls in your own design and building process.
- How to read plans and what to look for in plan set.
- Get advice and tips on how to select the best lumber and building materials for your project.
- We’ll thoroughly cover design, planning, and building, including foundations, siding, roofing, windows, doors, electricity and plumbing options, and much more.
- Our favorite sources for heaters, water heaters, and furnishings that fit perfectly into your tiny house.
- How to easily avoid the potential for condensation in small houses
- Framing and sheathing for both mobile and stationary structures.
- The five ways to meet or beat the building codes and zoning restrictions that can make living simply seem way too complicated.
- You'll receive a FREE workbook that's packed with information, tips, and resources only available at our workshops.
- Discounts on all of our plans and books throughout the workshop.