One for Every Reader!
In addition to our bestselling paperback volume, The Small House Book is now available in all three common digital formats:
- The Epub digital edition is compatible with all standard ereader tablets, including iPhone and iPad.
- The Mobi file is compatible with Amazon Kindle. (*Our Mobi edition is not compatible with the Kindle app on iPhone and iPad)
- The Classic PDF is a portable document format that can be read on all standard e-readers and computers running Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Kindle is a registered trademark of Amazon Technologies, Inc.
iPhone and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc.
Select your version here.
THE BOOK THAT STARTED IT ALL...
Ready to be inspired?
The Small House Book has served as the starting point for thousands of tiny house builders and provided a treasure trove of inspiration and information for countless more.
Renowned tiny house designer Jay Shafer takes us on a captivating journey through the world of tiny houses. His extraordinary story begins in 1997 with the dilapidated Airstream trailer that he gutted and rehabilitated, and carries us across America and into the present day, where his house designs have sparked a national movement.
A skilled tour guide, Jay weaves his own narrative though a treatise on tiny house living and the history and economics of living small. Inside these 220 full-color pages, we explore the heart of the movement through photographs of Jay’s favorite houses and communities across North America.
And that's just the beginning...
The Small House Book contains a treasure trove of practical information for the tiny house builder, including a photo-illustrated step-by-step overview of how to build your own top-quality portable tiny house.
ALREADY FIRED UP AND
READY TO BUILD A TINY HOUSE?
Here's a sample of what's in store for you:
- 150 gorgeous full-color photographs
- Jay Shafer’s 7 Organizing Principles and 46 Essentials of Efficient Design
- How to build a house with 14 common tools
- Which building materials are best for tiny houses
- Heating and cooling solutions for extreme climates
- How to beat building codes and zoning restrictions that prohibit tiny houses
- 23 profiles of Jay’s beautiful house designs, including floor plans
- And much more...
THE “TINY” MOVEMENT THAT’S GROWING FAST
The real estate collapse and subsequent economic downturn left many people rethinking their ideas about what the word “home” means. The average price of a house in the United States is an alarming $244,000, and at 2,300 square feet, emits 18 tons of greenhouse gasses annually—increasing deforestation and fossil fuel consumption, and perpetuating our dependence on foreign oil. The prospect of being tied to a mortgage for life while paying dearly for more home than we can afford—or even justify—has made the “American Dream” less desirable than ever.
SMALL HOUSE, BIG SOLUTION
A grassroots movement towards smaller houses and simpler living is taking root in America and beyond. People everywhere are trading in their stress and sense of disempowerment for the freedom and simplicity that smaller living affords.
SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE
Whether you’re ready to build your own tiny house now, or you just want to learn valuable tips about how to downsize your belongings and simplify your life, this book is a veritable goldmine of information and inspiration. Choose your copy and start getting inspired today!
To buy your copy, click the ADD TO CART button below your desired version. The paperback includes free standard shipping, so you can expect to receive your order in 5-7 business days, fulfilled by Amazon. Your credit card is securely processed by industry leader Authorize.net. Or, pay with PayPal. Our return policy can be read here.
ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY! FREE SHIPPING ON ALL U.S. ORDERS!
AS SEEN ON